Torrid is a retailer that specializes in clothing and accessories for plus-size women.
Torrid’s target market is plus-size women, who are often ignored or underserved by other retailers. As of 2016, the Plus-Size Retailer report from market research firm NPD Group found that the majority of American women wear a size 14 or larger, but these women only account for 67% of the apparel market.
Were Torrid’s dress sense and work style appealing to you? If the answer to that question is yes, then our list of plus size stores like torrid is just what you need. Take your time to explore our list of torrid similar companies.
13 Best Stores Similar To Torrid
1. Lane Bryant
Lane Bryant is the oldest plus-size retailer in the United States. It was founded in 1902 in New York. It also has a wide range of sizes in every category, including plus size clothing, women’s clothing, activewear, accessories, shoes, and intimates.
They also have an e-commerce site for their customers. They have over 300+ stores in the United States.
• Largest plus-size retailer in the United States
• Highly profitable catalogue and stores for plus-size women
• Woman-founded and woman-led brand
• Offers affordable, mostly private-label apparel
• Some customers may find the prices to be higher than average
2. American Eagle
American Eagle is the largest fashion company in the United States. American Eagle has been in business since 1977 and it has been growing in size and popularity every year. In addition to clothing, they also have wonderful accessories to choose from like shoes, bags, jewelry, and purses.
You can easily shop from the wide selection of clothing and accessories available at the store and find the ones that will complete your look.
• Designs, markets, and sells its own brand of affordable clothing
• High brand awareness among online shoppers
• Offers a variety of clothing options for men, women, and children
• Primarily targets 15 to 25 year-olds, potentially limiting market reach
Looking for stores like Torrid? We suggest you to try Chico’s, they are a top-notch fashion clothing company with an affordable price range. It is known for its trendy and elegant design.
We recommend you add it to your favourite store’s list. Their collection is a complete package of the latest trends and fashionable essentials. We also assure you of great discounts and free shipping.
• Affordable price range
• Luxurious fabrics
• Tailored fits
• Glam Good Deals
• Wide range of sizes
• Limited brick-and-mortar locations
• May not have options for all fashion styles/preferences
4. Free People
Free People is the best destination for all the fashionistas who love fashion and bohemian style. They have a fabulous collection of clothes, accessories, and home fashions to ever satisfy your taste. They have many brands under their fashion umbrella.
They have a wide range of fashion essentials of bohemian style under their collection. You can get the style ideas and choose the best one from their huge assortments.
• Top destination for college girls
• Always on top of fashion trends
• Offers a wide spectrum of boho clothing brands
• Eco-friendly options available
• Bohemian-inspired fashion boutique
• Upscale prices may be unaffordable for some customers
Maurices stores are widely distributed in the United States. It has a collection of clothing and accessories including plus-size clothes, some of them are petite sizes. It also has a range of plus-size shoes. We hope it works for you to find similar quality clothes and accessories at comparable or low prices.
• Targeted at women aged 25-45 with value apparel and accessories
• Offers online shopping at maurices.com
• Opportunity for attractive growth and expansion
• Offers a wide range of clothing options
• Products may not be suitable for all individuals, depending on their personal style and preferences
One of the plus size stores similar to Torrid on our list is Ross and they are a fashion company that focuses on casual wear, activewear, and intimates. They have a wide range of intimating essentials under their aerie section and you can avail discount with free shipping offers.
It is an excellent choice for your plus size clothing needs as they have a large collection of plus size clothing for women and men. They are a great place to look for plus-size clothing.
• Offers sustainable and affordable activewear
• Offers a fun shopping experience
• Limited focus on other fashion categories
• Limited global reach
With H&M‘s commitment to fast-fashion clothing for men and women, they are a go-to for on-trend pieces at a great price point. And, they have not forgotten about plus-size women in their offerings.
Their plus-size clothing range includes dresses, lingerie, and jeans that are designed to flatter and fit a fuller figure. This makes it the perfect place to shop for curvier women who are looking for fashionable and affordable clothing.
Whether you’re looking for something casual or more formal, it has options that will cater to your fashion needs. And, with their regular collections, you can stay up to date with the latest fashion trends without breaking the bank.
• On-trend pieces at a great price point
• Offers affordable prices
• Latest sustainability initiatives
•Shipping might take time for international customers
One of our best stores like torrid list is Buckle and is the best for youngsters who want to look fashionable and attractive. They have a wide range of clothing under their brand that has a distinct style and a perfect fit. They are not only known for their fashion but also for their creativity and music.
It also has an extensive collection of plus-size clothes to satisfy the needs of plus-size women.
• Offers fashionable and stylish clothing options for men and women
• Wide range of options available
• Experienced service and top brands
• High quality genuine leather adds durability to belts
• Some clothing items may be expensive
When it comes to shopping for plus size clothing, finding stylish and affordable options can often feel like an impossible task. But after conducting some research, it’s clear that Macy’s plus size department stands out above the rest.
Compared to other plus size stores like Torrid, it not only has better quality clothing, but they offer more reasonable prices as well. Plus size shoppers can find everything from casual wear to office attire, all with the same level of quality and affordability.
• Huge Selection of Plus Size Fashion
• Top Brands for Curvy Women
• Great Deals on Designer Styles
• Trendy Plus Size Clothing on Clearance=
• Prices may be higher than other retailers
• Limited options for petite or tall sizes
Avenue is an upscale boutique that has helped me find the perfect plus-size pieces for special occasions. The clothes aren’t too pricey and most of them are on sale so you can shop with confidence knowing that you’re getting a great deal. This site like Torrid is best for upscale formal wear like dresses, suits, cocktail dresses, fancy dresses, and evening dresses.
• Offers upscale and high-quality plus size pieces
• Specializes in finding pieces for special occasions
• Carries well-known plus size designers
• May be more expensive compared to other plus size retailers
• Limited selection for everyday wear
11. Old Navy
Old Navy is my go-to store for basics and affordable basics, like t-shirts, dresses, and pants. Their prices are usually pretty reasonable especially when you’re looking for lower-priced ones.
Its plus-size collection varies from sizes 16 and up. That means you’ll be able to find a decent collection of plus size clothing at a relatively affordable price.
• Variety of clothing options
• Popular American brand
• Good for college students
• Convenient online shopping
• Great styles at affordable prices
• Limited high-end fashion options
• Not the best for special occasions
If you’re looking for stores like torrid to get trendy plus-size fashion and you don’t mind a little mess, consider Kohl’s. Without question, their plus-size section is the best I’ve ever seen. If you’re a size 24 and above, you can find items that are fairly priced and of decent quality. I’ve found that they also tend to have a lot of sales, so keep your eyes peeled for that!
• Free shipping and easy returns
• Large selection of clothing, shoes, toys, home decor, appliances, and electronics
• Largest department store chain in the US
• No mention of sustainability or ethical fashion practices in company statement
I’ve never been in love with anything I’ve bought at Modcloth, but I’ve definitely found some cute pieces here and there and for a price, I couldn’t find anywhere else. It’s a quality store with a price tag that’s a little higher than what I’d normally spend, but I do think it’s worth checking out.
• Quirky, vintage-inspired pieces
• A wide range of clothing options
• A great place to shop for summer wardrobe
• Limited availability of some sizes and styles
• Long shipping times and delays
In conclusion, these plus size stores like Torrid provide an excellent shopping experience for women who take pride in their curves. They offer a vast selection of trendy and fashionable clothes that are designed to fit and flatter a woman’s body. Whether you prefer to shop in-store or online, these stores provide every woman with the opportunity to look and feel her best.
Frequently Asked Questions About Torrid
Does Torrid sell the same merchandise as the stores?
Yes, Torrid’s website sells the same trendy plus-size fashion and accessories as their physical stores.
Can in-store purchases be returned to a Torrid location?
Yes, customers can bring their store receipts or packing slip to a local Torrid store for in-store returns.
How can customers find a Torrid store nearby?
Customers can click on a link on the Torrid website to find a store near them.
How can customers determine what size to order?
Customers can call Torrid’s customer service number to speak with a representative who can assist them. Hours are Monday through Friday from 6 am to 7 pm, and Saturday from 7 am to 7 pm.
Can online orders be shipped to a local Torrid store?
No, online orders can only be shipped to a customer’s address.
Dhare is a popular blogger and also runs a boutique business. He has a lot of years of experience, so he knows a lot about fashion in general. So, he is sharing his information and technical stuff in this diary.