Are you frustrated up with Autozone’s online services? In this situation, you should consider searching our listing of companies like AutoZone.
When your ride needs a quick fix or tune-up, AutoZone is one of the go-to retailers for quality auto parts at affordable prices. With thousands of stores across the US and Mexico, AutoZone carries everything from wipers and batteries to brake pads and engine parts.
But what if you don’t have an AutoZone nearby or want to compare options before making a purchase? There are several other great auto parts stores that stack up against AutoZone in terms of inventory, prices and service.
In this post, we’ll highlight 12 of the top online shops like AutoZone where you can find all your DIY auto parts and accessories. Whether you’re looking for brands similar to AutoZone or merchants much alike AutoZone, these retailers deliver similar products and conveniences.
12 Best Online Shops Similar To Autozone
- Founded: 2014 (revival after 1928 founding)
- Available Categories: Aftermarket parts, performance parts, tools, oil and fluids, tires
- Popular Products: Brakes, batteries, alternators, starters, ignition parts
Part of the Advance Auto Parts family, Carquest has roots dating back nearly a century. They offer a huge catalog of quality auto parts covering Asian and domestic makes at affordable prices.
What makes them stand out is their massive distribution network with thousands of locations across North America. This makes them a handy AutoZone competitor for picking up parts locally or getting quick shipping. Their online ordering system also makes it a breeze to lookup parts and get what you need fast.
- Massive brick-and-mortar network for pick up
- Huge selection of parts for Asian and domestic vehicles
- Competitive pricing on brakes, starters, alternators
- User-friendly website and online ordering
Carquest is undoubtedly one of the top AutoZone alternatives out there in terms of accessibility and inventory depth. Their vast network of stores and distribution centres means you can easily get parts shipped to you or pick them up locally. The prices and brand names like Bosch, Monroe and Moog are comparable to AutoZone as well.
2. Pep Boys
- Founded: 1921
- Available Categories: Tires, brakes, batteries, oil, filters, lighting, electronics
- Popular Products: Monroe shocks & struts, Valvoline oil, Bosch parts
Founded in the early 1920s, Pep Boys is one of the OG auto parts retailers in the US. They have over 800 stores plus distribution centres supplying DIYers and pro mechanics with tires, parts and maintenance essentials.
Theycovers all the basics from wipers and bulbs to brakes and battery replacements. They also offer a solid selection of wheels, exterior accessories and dress up parts. Brands you’ll find include Bosch, Monroe, Valvoline, Armor All, Peak and many others also sold at AutoZone.
- Huge selection of tires and wheels
- Name brand parts like Bosch, Valvoline and Monroe
- Services for oil changes, brakes, batteries, etc.
- Rewards program and rebates on big purchases
With a balance of services, prices and inventory, it is one of the foremost companies companies like AutoZone. The availability of name brand parts along with install services at many locations makes Pep Boys a prime destination for DIYers and everyday driver maintenance needs.
- Founded: 1932
- Available Categories: Brakes, batteries, lighting, accessories, oil, filters, belts, hose, tools
- Popular Products: Bosch, Castrol, Pulstar, Autocraft parts
Operating over 4,000 stores, Advance Auto Parts is one of the largest aftermarket auto parts retailers around. They carry a complete range of parts, fluids, tools and accessories for domestic and import makes.
Shoppers can browse categories like brakes, lighting, batteries, accessories and maintenance items. Brands carried include Bosch, Castrol, Autocraft, Pulstar and many other reputable suppliers. Advance also offers battery testing, wiper and bulb installs and other services.
- Huge inventory of parts, accessories and garage tools
- Extensive selection of name brand engine, brake and suspension parts
- Battery testing and installation services
- Online ordering with in-store pickup options
With rock bottom prices on oil, wipers, filters and such, Advance Auto Parts excels as a budget-friendly AutoZone alternative. The availability of free battery testing and installs along with big discounts via their SpeedPerks rewards program are some nice perks as well.
- Founded: 1925
- Available Categories: Brakes, steering, suspension, filters, engine parts, lighting, electronics, accessories
- Popular Products: ACDelco, Moog, Wagner, Monroe, Blue Streak parts
Synonymous with quality auto parts, NAPA has parts stores throughout the US stocking DIY essentials and service items. They also operate distribution centres to supply auto repair shops, service centres and stores.
Core inventory includes brake pads & rotors, shocks & struts, filters, batteries, accessories and maintenance products. Top brands carried include ACDelco, Moog, Wagner, Monroe and NAPA’s own Blue Streak brand – many comparable to AutoZone.
- Extensive inventory of OEM and aftermarket parts
- Competitive pricing on batteries, brakes, oil filters
- Store locator to find parts near you
- NAPA Know How DIY repair tips and resources
For OEM or aftermarket parts backed by a solid warranty, NAPA is tough to beat. Their own high quality NAPA brands and name suppliers like ACDelco and Moog stack up against AutoZone for quality and value. The availability of stores nationwide provides convenience as well.
- Founded: 1998
- Available Categories: Brakes, steering, drivetrain, heating, engine, filters, lighting, electronics, exterior
- Popular Products: AC Delco, Bosch, KYB, Monroe, Spectra filters
Operating 145+ stores across NY, NJ and Connecticut, Parts Authority is a regional powerhouse. But they also ship parts throughout the US via their user-friendly website.
The product lineup focuses on maintenance, drivetrain, brake and undercar parts. Top brands carried include AC Delco, Bosch, Monroe, KYB and other labels commonly found at AutoZone.
- Wide selection of drivetrain, brake and suspension parts
- Competitive pricing on Bosch, ACDelco and other name brands
- Easy online ordering with ship to home option
- Knowledgeable staff for support
For shoppers in the Northeast or anyone able to order online, Parts Authority merits consideration. Their prices and inventory cover all the basics from oil filters and antifreeze to struts and alternators.
- Founded: 1999
- Categories: Brakes, drivetrain, steering, heating, cooling, engine, filters, electronics, wheels
- Popular brands: AC Delco, Bosch, KYB, Cardone, Timken, Wagner
Serving DIYers, pro shops and fleet operators, RockAuto offers a mammoth selection of OEM and aftermarket parts online. Their catalogue spans hundreds of brands and covers virtually every system on domestic and import vehicles.
RockAuto sells the major brands also stocked at AutoZone like Bosch, KYB, AC Delco, Wagner and more. Prices lean value-oriented for filters, brake parts, bulbs, belts, fluids and such.
- Huge online selection of car and truck parts
- OEM and aftermarket brands for most vehicles
- Affordable pricing on maintenance items
- Simple website with handy part finder tools
For an extensive online inventory rivalling AutoZone, it’s hard to beat RockAuto. Their prices trend value-oriented, especially for things like oil filters, spark plugs and basic maintenance parts. The part finder and diagrams make it easy to identify what you need as well.
7. 1A Auto
- Founded: 2000
- Categories: Air & fuel delivery, brakes, electronics, engine, drivetrain, suspension, tools
- Popular Brands: 1A Auto, AC Delco, Bosch, Denso, Moog, SKP
1A Auto specializes in aftermarket and OEM replacement parts sold online and shipped direct. They cover everything from brakes and sensors to tune up parts and tools.
The company stocks its own 1A Auto branded parts as well as AC Delco, Bosch, Moog, SKP and other trusted suppliers. Prices are value-focused for common maintenance items and quality matches most retail competitors.
- Extensive selection of OEM and aftermarket parts online
- DIY repair videos for guidance
- 1-year warranty on parts and accessories
- Affordable pricing on common maintenance parts
For online shoppers seeking AutoZone alternatives, 1A Auto combines expansive inventory with budget prices and handy DIY repair videos. Between their brands and others they carry, they can supply most common maintenance and repair parts for domestic vehicles.
- Founded: 1957
- Categories: Engine, brakes, drivetrain, steering, heating, cooling, electrical, tools
- Popular Brands: AC Delco, Bosch, Monroe, KYB, Blue Streak
Operating over 5,000 stores across the US, O’Reilly Auto Parts is one of the largest DIY auto parts retailers around. They specialize in niche import parts in addition to domestic parts and everyday essentials.
The product selection focuses on maintenance items, brakes, suspension, cooling and tune up parts. Top-selling brands include Bosch, Monroe, KYB, Blue Streak and other core brands overlapping with AutoZone.
- Strong inventory of import parts for Asian vehicles
- Competitive prices on batteries, oil, brakes, filters
- Store network across 45 states for convenience
- Rewards program with deep discounts
O’Reilly deserves strong consideration for having stores across much of the country stocking import parts and name brands like AutoZone carries. Their pricing on basics like oil, batteries and bulbs trends affordable as well.
9. Tire Rack
- Founded: 1979
- Categories: Tires, wheels, suspension, exterior, accessories
- Popular Brands: BFGoodrich, Michelin, Goodyear, Konig, Bilstein
Anyone needing tires or wheels should have Tire Rack on their shortlist. They offer an unrivaled selection of tires from brands like BFGoodrich, Michelin, Goodyear and more. Wheels from Konig, Sparco, Motegi and such are available too.
Beyond rubber and rims, they also stock suspension kits, exterior accessories and garage tools. Brands carried include Bilstein, Eibach, WeatherTech, Thule, Philips and others comparable to AutoZone.
- Massive selection of tires from leading brands
- Thousands of wheels for cars, trucks and SUVs
- Suspension kits and exterior accessories
- Specialty tools and garage equipment
- Install packages through local shops
Tire Rack shines for its extensive tire and wheel inventory spanning all types of vehicles. They also carry associated products like lift kits, racks, steps and Jeep gear that rival AutoZone. Home delivery or installs through local shops are convenient perks as well.
10. Auto Barn
- Founded: 1981
- Categories: Air & fuel delivery, brakes, drivetrain, electronics, engine, exterior, interior
- Popular Brands: Centric, KYB, Bosch, Denso, ACDelco, Beck Arnley
Covering common maintenance parts for import and domestic vehicles, Auto Barn stocks thousands of OEM and aftermarket parts. Brands carried include ACDelco, Bosch, KYB and other leading makes also found at AutoZone.
Core inventory spans tune up parts, sensors, brakes, fuel system components and common replacement parts. Prices aim budget-conscious while quality matches OE parts. Orders over $99 ship free within the continental US.
- Broad selection of import and domestic parts online
- OEM and aftermarket parts for repairs and maintenance
- Free shipping on orders over $99
- Affordable pricing on tune up, brake and suspension parts
For shoppers wanting a purely online source for affordable DIY parts, Auto Barn delivers. Their catalogue spans OE and aftermarket parts for maintenance, common repairs and minor upgrades to match AutoZone.
11. 4 Wheel Parts
- Founded: 1961
- Categories: Suspension, drivetrain, armor, wheels, tires, lighting, winches
- Popular Brands: Pro Comp, Smittybilt, Rubicon Express, KMC, Goodyear
Outfitting off-road rigs with the latest Jeep, truck and SUV gear is the specialty of 4 Wheel Parts. They offer premium suspension lifts, armor, wheels, tires and accessories for capability and style.
Brands carried include Pro Comp, Rubicon Express, Smittybilt, KMC, and Goodyear – all leaders in the lifted vehicle scene. Expect to pay more than AutoZone but the quality and performance is hard to match.
- Top brands for lifted trucks, Jeeps and SUVs
- Suspension lifts for increased clearance and capability
- Beadlock wheels, all-terrain tires, bumpers, winches
- Nationwide retail stores and service centers
For upgrading trucks, Jeeps and SUVs with the best off-road gear, 4 Wheel Parts delivers premium brands and expertise. While pricier than AutoZone, the products excel for capability, looks and performance.
12. FCP Euro
- Founded: 2001
- Categories: OEM parts, tools, fluids, maintenance, performance
- Popular Brands: Genuine Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Pentosin
FCP Euro specializes in genuine OEM parts and maintenance items for European vehicles. Brands carried include Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen and leading OE suppliers like Bosch.
The parts range covers scheduled maintenance, tune up components, oils, filters and common wear items. Prices aim competitive while quality matches OEM parts. All parts feature a lifetime replacement guarantee as well.
- Extensive inventory of OEM parts for European vehicles
- Lifetime replacement warranty on all parts
- Competitive pricing vs. dealership parts departments
- Focus on DIY scheduled maintenance parts and kits
For Mercedes, BMW, Audi and VW models, FCP Euro is a go-to for OEM parts at better prices than the dealer. Their lifetime guarantee also makes parts like oil filters and brake pads a great value despite slightly higher upfront cost versus aftermarket alternatives.
Find Quality Auto Parts Without the Hassle
Whether you need wipers, batteries or brake parts, these 12 online stores offer quality alternatives to AutoZone’s huge part selection and competitive pricing. Brands carried are comparable, shopping is convenient via online or local pickup and knowledge resources help you get the right parts easily.
So if your neighbourhood AutoZone is out of stock or you want to price shop, turn to these merchants for quality auto parts you can rely on. With minimal hassle, you’ll save money and get the components necessary to keep your ride running great for the road ahead.
Now rev up your engine and cruise on down to one of these budget-friendly AutoZone options for your next automotive DIY project or repair. Your car will be driving like new in no time!
Frequently Asked Questions About AutoZone
When was AutoZone founded?
AutoZone was founded in 1979 in Memphis, Tennessee by the Malone family. Originally known as Auto Shack, the company changed the name to AutoZone in 1987.
How many AutoZone locations are there?
As of 2023, there are over 6,500 AutoZone stores in the US, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Brazil making them one of the largest auto parts retailers globally.
What auto parts does AutoZone carry?
AutoZone stores stock a vast array of DIY replacement parts for domestic and import vehicles. This includes batteries, oil filters, brake pads, belts, bulbs, spark plugs and many common maintenance items. They also offer accessories like floor mats, rack systems and cosmetic upgrades.
Does AutoZone offer coupons or rebates?
Yes, AutoZone provides plenty of ways to save including 20% off coupons, $20 rebates on big purchases like brake pads or struts, and discounted gift cards. Signing up for the AutoZone Rewards program provides access to exclusive offers.
What services does AutoZone provide?
Select AutoZone stores offer battery testing and replacement, wiper blade installs, check engine light scanning, and charging system testing free of charge. Many locations also supply various levels of loaner tools to DIYers completely free of charge. No deposit or fees required.
Does AutoZone have warranty or return policies?
AutoZone offers limited lifetime warranties on some products like brake pads, shocks, and tools covering defects in materials and workmanship. Most parts can be returned in new condition within 90 days as well.
What are AutoZone’s store hours?
AutoZone is open 365 days a year with most stores operating from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm weekdays, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm Saturdays, and 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Sundays. Hours may vary by location.
How can I contact AutoZone with questions?
You can call AutoZone’s customer service line at 1-800-288-6966 or visit any store location and speak with staff for assistance with orders, product questions or returns. Live online chat and email support is also available via their website.