Urban Outfitters is a popular fashion retailer known for its eclectic, bohemian style at affordable prices. But what other Urban Outfitters competitor stores offer similar styles and shopping experiences for the Urban Outfitters enthusiast?
Here are 15 of the best online shops & stores like Urban Outfitters to discover fashionable finds while sticking to your budget.
15 Best Cheap Brands & Stores Similar to Urban Outfitters
ASOS is an online fast fashion giant based in the UK. But they ship worldwide and provide free returns in the US.
The company sells its own branded fashion as well as hundreds of other popular labels. You can find everything from dresses and jeans to suits, activewear, shoes, accessories and beauty products.
It has an edgy, youthful vibe somewhat similar to Urban Outfitters. Lots of cropped, oversized and slouchy silhouettes, bold prints and fun patterns. The accessories also feature plenty of boho details from tassels to embroidered leather bags.
- Huge selection of affordable, stylish clothes and accessories
- Fast shipping and free returns in US
- Daily new arrivals & frequent sales
- Sizing from 00-20 with extended sizes available
- Fun, youthful aesthetic
Zara is a go-to for many Urban Outfitters shoppers due to its mix of casual urban style, trendy pieces and affordable pricing.
The Spanish fast fashion giant is known for lightning-fast production that quickly brings catwalk inspired pieces into stores. New arrivals come in 2x a week to refresh the selection.
You are expected to find lots of slouchy trousers, crop tops, dainty dresses, wrap skirts, moto jackets, block heels and more. Simple wardrobe essentials get an elevated look with premium details like satin, rib knits, leather and smocking.
While not the absolute cheapest, it provides excellent bang for your buck. Most items cost $25-50. Compared to designer brands, you get looks hot off the runway for a fraction of the cost.
- Trendy clothes inspired by designer fashion
- New arrivals 2x a week
- Higher quality fabrics at affordable prices
- Chic urban vibe similar to Urban Outfitters
- Stores worldwide and online
Madewell comes from J.Crew, adapting their classic preppy aesthetic into a more laidback, casual direction.
They’re known for timeless wardrobe staples like jeans, tees, button-ups, sweaters, and leather jackets. Lots of minimal, relaxed essentials in muted tones, denim, and natural fabrics.
While not as inexpensive as fast fashion, this clothing company focuses on quality over quantity. Many of their cotton, linen and leather pieces last for years. Their jeans are particularly popular for the perfect fit.
Their simple, unfussy style works well for pairing with more adventurous accessory and shoe choices.
- Timeless, unfussy wardrobe essentials
- High quality fabrics and construction
- Great for pairing with bolder accessories
- Relaxed, casual aesthetic
- Regular discounts and sales
This Spain-based fashion brand offers trendy clothes and accessories aesthetic, at even lower prices.
Mango sells chic going-out looks along with casual pieces for everyday. Lots of flowy dresses and skirts, wrap tops, flared pants, block heels and more.
The quality and materials don’t compare to premium brands. But it provides cute, fashionable pieces for nights out, events, vacations and summer days.
While limited plus size options, you can often find extended sizing up to XL or XXL in store.
- Affordable trendy clothes for going out
- New pieces every 2-3 weeks
- Sales up to 50% off or more
- Chic Ibiza-style vacation looks
- Most items $20-40
Dresses dominate at the store are with hundreds of flowing maxi and midi options. You’ll also find softly tailored pants, embroidered and ruffled blouses, varsity jackets with personalized details and more.
The eccentric prints, textures, silhouettes and details create a vibe perfect for festivals, vacation, holidays and standing out in any crowd.
- One-of-a-kind bohemian aesthetic
- Flowy dresses, embroidered details, artisan accents
- Huge selection of accessories and shoes
- Home decor and gifts for every occasion
- Generous sale section & email discounts
If you’re looking for the absolute cheapest clothes and trendy styles, H&M delivers. As an enormous fast fashion company, they churn out incredibly affordable versions of runway and influencer looks.
The quality won’t blow you away – thin fabrics, cheap hardware, etc. But for $10 dresses and $5 tees, you can’t expect much. The solution is buying trendy pieces you only plan to wear for a single season.
Their rock bottom prices make it easy to experiment with new looks. See a fun blouse or sheer skirt you love but aren’t sure about? Grab it for $15-20 instead of dropping $100. If it ends up not suiting you, no big loss.
- As cheap as it gets for clothes
- Massive selection updated frequently
- Easy way to try trendy pieces for single seasons
- Accessories, shoes, beauty products and basics
- Sizing up to XXXL
Dillard’s is a great option for nice department store quality pieces at lower prices. They carry apparel, shoes, accessories, homegoods, beauty products and more.
While not the cheapest, it regular sales combined with their clearance rack make it possible to score major deals. You can often find originally $100+ items discounted to $30-50. Brands carried include Lucky, Levis, Calvin Klein, Vince Camuto and more.
Their juniors’ section has a good mix of casual graphic tees, destroyed denim, slouchy dresses, rompers, dainty jewelry and boho accents. Lots of prints, crochet details, lace and Macrame add free-spirited flair.
- Trendy and casual clothes for juniors
- Good quality department store brands
- Boho accents like lace, prints and Macrame
- Clearance racks with major deals
- Frequent sales & promos
8. Forever 21
Another fast fashion favorite, Forever 21 is the place for stylish clothes and accessories on the cheap. They’re especially great for trendy pieces you only plan to wear once or twice.
At under $25 for most items, you can load up on lots of tops, going-out dresses, jackets, basics, jewelry, and more without spending a ton. New inventory arrives constantly to keep up with the latest fads.
Their massive selection includes all styles from elevating basics to chic dresses and edgy ripped jeans. You’ll find both timeless staples for building an urban wardrobe as well as fun seasonal fads.
- Ideal for trendy, inexpensive statement pieces
- Huge, constantly updated selection under $25
- Tops, dresses, jeans, accessories & shoes
- Massive range of styles from basics to runway pieces
- Sizing up to 3X/24 in store
Boohoo brings fast fashion into the internet age with speedy production of inexpensive, trendy clothes. The UK-based company sells exclusively online, with new pieces added every day.
Their styles cater to party girls with plenty of crop tops, bodycon dresses, and two-piece sets. You’ll also find basics, outerwear, wide leg pants, wrap styles, puff sleeves and more – all reflecting the latest influencer looks.
It prioritizes delivering catwalk and celebrity designs almost instantly after their debut. So expect to find similar pieces at a fraction of the price.
- Low prices closer to wholesale
- New pieces added daily
- Tons of trendy, sexy going-out looks
- Free returns up to 28 days in US
- Curated ‘collections’ for easy shopping
GAP is a staple when you need casual American basics on a budget. Shop soft tees, denim, khakis, sweaters, tops and much more. While trends come and go, it provides reliable go-to’s for your closet.
Modern upgrades like collaborations and GapFit keep the brand feeling fresh and relevant. Sales are common so smart shoppers can stock up and save. The quality stands up over time for a sound investment.
- Reliable everyday basics of good quality
- Natural, soft fabrics like cotton & linen
- Fits wide range of casual aesthetics
- Easy to match & incorporate statement pieces
- At least 40% off sales every week
Reformation puts sustainable fashion first while keeping costs relatively low. The brand uses eco-friendly materials and renewable energy in production.
Flirty dresses, vintage-inspired separates, and accessories make up the selection with new arrivals constantly. Pieces lean feminine and flattering. And you can feel good about minimizing your environmental impact.
- Sustainable, ethical production methods
- Vintage-inspired dresses and separates
- High quality fabrics from eco-friendly materials
- Free shipping & returns in US
- Regular sales & promos
12. Free People
Free People is Urban Outfitters’ bohemian sister brand, sharing a similar carefree, adventurous spirit.
Their clothes have a retro 70s sensibility – lots of breezy maxi dresses, slouchy jumpsuits, high-waisted bottoms and cropped halter tops. Distressed denim, vibrant patterns, and artful embroidery add free-spirited flair.
While not the most affordable, you can often grab quality secondhand pieces from FP’s long-term fans updating their closets. Products retain their value well given the popularity of the aesthetic.
- Boho details like embroidered accents, fringe & tassels
- Flowy dresses, jumpsuits, peasant tops & flare jeans
- Popular for secondhand finds in great condition
- FP Movement activewear line
- Email signup perks
Looking for affordable, quality basics from a trusted brand? Check out UNIQLO.
This Japanese retailer excels at simple versatile pieces like Airism tees, flannel button-ups, skinny and wide leg denim, block heels, khakis, sweater dresses and more.
Rather than chasing fleeting trends, it focuses on perfecting closet essentials. Thoughtful small details like shaped hems and premium denim craftsmanship elevate the basics. Materials come from high quality suppliers like supima cotton.
- Affordable prices for high quality materials
- Premium essentials like jeans, tees, dresses & cashmere
- Versatile style great for minimalists
- Low impact through sustainable manufacturing
- Fun limited edition collaborations
SHEIN takes fast fashion ultra low budget. Dresses can cost as little as $5-10. Tops, bottoms and accessories come in under $20.
While cheap, the construction quality is hit or miss. Some pieces feel almost disposable. But you can also find hidden gems that last if you read reviews carefully.
They also have an impressive range of sizes from XS-4XL. Not every item comes in the full spectrum but options exist well beyond most retailers.
- As cheap as it gets for fashion
- New arrivals added quickly
- Massive selection of clothes & accessories
- More size inclusivity than standard brands
- Can score hidden gems if selective
For bohemian style with luxe, vintage-inspired vibes, check out Dôen. This cult brand creates feminine dresses and separates with a romantic, carefree vibe.
It uses high-quality fabrics like lightweight silks and airy cottons for an elevated, ethereal look. Details like ruffles, puff sleeves, muted floral prints and lace trim add depth.
The relaxed LA aesthetic channels Stevie Nicks’ 70s style and tender prairie vibes. Dresses work beautifully for summer weddings, garden parties or your own adventures.
- Luxe, vintage-inspired boho aesthetic
- High quality natural fabrics
- US-based ethical production
- Timeless designs worth costs for some
- Occasional sales on new pieces
While UO has a distinctive vibe, many stores like Urban Outfitters offer similar fashion-forward styles on a budget.
Ultimately the “best” Urban Outfitters competitors depends on your personal style and priorities like budget, quality, ethics and convenience. By mixing and matching these affordably priced stores, you can curate a unique wardrobe that reflects your personal tastes.
FAQs About Brands Like Urban Outfitters
What is Urban Outfitters known for?
Urban Outfitters is known for trendy bohemian-inspired fashion and home decor at mid-range prices.
How often does Urban Outfitters have sales?
Urban Outfitters runs sales frequently, like most apparel retailers. Expect sitewide sales for major holidays and seasonal clearances.
Does Urban Outfitters have fast shipping?
Urban Outfitters offers free 3-4 day standard shipping on orders $50+ in the US. Expedited and next-day shipping available for extra fees.
What sizes does Urban Outfitters carry?
Urban Outfitters stocks women’s sizes 00-16 and men’s sizes XS-XXL, depending on the brand. Extended sizes are available online.
Is Urban Outfitters ethical and sustainable?
Urban Outfitters has some sustainable collections but is not considered one of the most ethical fast fashion brands overall.
How do I know my Urban Outfitters order arrived?
You will receive shipping and delivery updates by email. An account is required to track orders on their website.